On Wednesday, the 16th of December we have an important meeting- following last month’s discussion of the priorities, we’re now ready to formulate action plans and start working towards our goals- positive change in Cardiff under these categories;
- Living Wage
- Curriculum For Life
- Tackling Racial and Religious Discrimination
- Mental Health
You can read more about them below, and feel free to ask any questions you have on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram, or by emailing me on firstname.lastname@example.org
This month we also have a really important opportunity to shape the new mental health service in Cardiff!
Hopefully we’ll see lots of you there, and remember new members are always welcome 🙂
Mae and CYC
- Raise the profile of the positive impact that the Living Wage has on communities and encourage companies in Cardiff to sign up to be an accredited Living Wage employer.
- Ensure that companies meet the Living Wage Foundation criteria fully.
Curriculum 4 Life
- Schools should provide a broad curriculum which recognises the importance of life skills and these should be delivered within the mainstream subjects where possible to enhance the current curriculum.
- There should be a consistent approach to delivering a high quality PSE curriculum in schools across Cardiff
Tackling Racism and Religious Discrimination
- Increase educational opportunities for children and young people with the aim to sustainably reduce incidents of racist and religious discrimination.
- Enhance ethnic and religious cohesion by challenging stereotypes and celebrating multiculturalism
- Children and Young People should be educated regarding mental health and wellbeing issues to reduce the stigma and provide appropriate support.
- Improve mental health services including information and accessibility so that they meet the needs of young people.
- Improve the user experience including better information, reduction in fares and by making public transport more reliable.